Friday, October 31, 2008

Demerol, oxycodone sprinkled in and a dash of muscle relaxer!

I'm loved!

from my cute friends at work - LOVE the spider!

Cait & B brought these cool "goth" flowers the other night - I wish it was halloween theme all year!

from VanCott - my work is so good to me and I only seem to pop in a little bit each week


So maybe it's the narcotics but I'm feeling pretty good.  Yesterday the queen of the basket cases was admitted for surgery at 5:30 am.  I cried, shook uncontrollably and wanted to escape.  I obviously don't handle stuff like this very well.  But today I can walk!!  I literally could not walk more than a few steps crunched over without writhing in pain before this surgery (the past two weeks).  The surgeon said the herniated disc was very bad and I still might have some permanent nerve damage.  Pretty much I might not get full strength back and occasionally might experience numbness or lower back pain.  Nothing compared to what I was feeling but I just hope that through some exercise and learning to lift and bend the correct way that I will make a full recovery.  I had a bunch of lovelies visit me yesterday and see my scary pre-halloween face.  Luckily Blake was in charge of packing supplies and he didn't include the camera.  Thanks again to all of my family and friends for your love, support and prayers.  I may sound over reacting and this pales in comparison to what some people we know are currently going through but it was really scary to not be able to walk or do anything.  I really have to ease back into things and take it easy so I won't be back to work for awhile and I might have to again ask for help from friends and family before I can drive (probably a week) and fully take care of Lucy (maybe two weeks).  But to have that pain gone and be up (very wobbly) a few hours of surgery and to stand up straight brought tears of joy to my eyes.  Thank you neurosurgeons - you deserve to make the big bucks!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Codi~ I was so glad to read this post. I have been so worried about you. We all miss you and hope we can do lunch very soon! Take care!Love ya