Saturday, October 25, 2008

protruding disc

So my MRI on Thursday shows that I have an extremely protruding disc in my lower back.  I'm on steroids and super strong pain killers - and I'm still usually crying in pain.  I can't walk very far and if I do it's bent over at the waist.  Not so cute and kind of scary for Lucy to see.  I'm supposed to see a neurosurgeon next week (hopefully EARLY next week) and they will decide if surgery is necessary and go from there.  I have no medical knowledge but considering this pain and not being able to drive, walk more than 10 feet at a time and take care of my baby, I'm expecting surgery.  I almost welcome it.  Anyway, some of you have been wondering what's the latest news was so that's why I posted.  Blake arranged some semi-comfortable seating for me to get on the computer for awhile and it's nice to be in another room.

Again, it could be much worse and I  know this will be dealt with soon.  It's just hard not to get down, especially when I feel like I can't do anything for anyone, especially Luce.  But Blake is teaching her lots of new tricks and they're having fun.  One perk is that Lucy has never really called me (mom, mama, mommy) and some people have said it's because I'm always right there by her.  But since I've spent so much time away in my room she yells for me and calls my name whenever she sees me, oh I love that girl.  Blake has been great too, I'd never have this type of patience.

Okay, ENOUGH woe is me.  It's not the end of the world and hopefully we'll soon see the dr and have more news.  Enjoy this beautiful fall weather - these days are the best of the year!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Dear Codi,
I am so sorry you are experiencing this pain. I truly can empathize, especially with lower back pain; it stops you in your tracks. My surgery was many years ago, and I know treatment has come a long way since then. The docs will recommend the best course of action and you will be as good as new! Know we all love you and care about you and we are simply a phone call away and would do ANYTHING to help!! It is difficult to let others help, but you need to focus on resting and taking care of yourself. We're hoping for a phone call!! xoxo Kim

Alisa said...

I know you've heard enough from me my dear!

But I love you! We all know this is a huge trial for you because you're mega-responsible, busy, always doing stuff. No one enjoys helplessness and you must feel so helpless, yuck. I know you have no choice, but keep restin'. When I was pregnant the words that constantly flew from other people's mouths were, "It'll pass." I HATED to hear it, but it is true and look now I'm telling you that, ICK!

And... hope it works out for us to come Monday afternoon. We're thinking of you and I'll call you then so C and Luce can play and you and I can complain about SHtUff. Open some windows, you're right it is GORGEOUS today!

Leslie Smith said...

I hope things get better for you soon. Good luck with everything!

Mackenzie said...

Hey...Hope you are feeling better sooner. My hubby had some back problems a few years back that required some surgery, so we can understand the pain. It is a PAIN!!

Lacey said...

WELL Ms. Codi, Caitlin just told me what is happening. You better call me if you need anything. I can bring you dinner!!! Just let me know!!! ANYTHING

Natalie said...

Oh Codi, you poor thing! I can't imagine the pain. I wish you the best and if it's surgery at least you'll be rid of the pain. Good luck!