Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A rain-check on San Diego

For about a month I've been dreaming of this day.  About now I figured we'd be at the beach or lounging pool side in San Diego.  But the dreaded leg/back pain I experienced in the Spring never fully went away and in the past few days came back with a vengeance.  I never thought it would be bad enough to cancel our trip and be on the phone crying to the Humphrey's reservations manager thanking her for not charging us for canceling before 48 hours of arrival.  But this damn pain ruined our trip and Lucy's plan to be kissing Elmo tomorrow.  But, as I continually try to remind myself, it could always be worse.  Even though my trip is postponed, I can't stand upright, and typing this post will probably send me over the edge in pain, it really could be so much worse.  

So tomorrow an MRI is scheduled at the hospital and I hope relief is in sight.  Till then Shamu, and the city I oh so love.  

4 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

I feel so awful- but you guys can replan it when your leg is okay again and Suk and Wedge can come hang out with their cousins then. Feel better.

Mackenzie said...

Dang that back pain!!! I hope you feel better soon!

Annie said...

oh no! I hope that you find out what's wrong and that everything is okay.

Haylie said...

Code, that sucks so bad I can't even stand it! I hope that you get feeling better soon. Anytime you need some help I will gladly forsake my responsibilities down here and be there in exactly 57 minutes. Kiss the Bug for me. Love you!