Wednesday, October 29, 2008

the road to recovery...hopefully

Tomorrow I go in for surgery for my back/herniated disc.  I'm nervous but more eager to have an end put to this horrendous pain.  Last week Blake took care of Luce and me and he did a great job.  This week my mom is yet again saving us and taking care of Lucy.  I miss Lucy but I know she's having fun with   her most favorite (next to Blake and me) person.   I don't have my surgery time yet, I'll get it this afternoon but I hope it's early and I hope it goes well.  I only have to stay over one night and hopefully I'll still be able to enjoy Halloween!  The relief can't come soon enough.  I feel bad that I've been a downer these past two weeks - especially for Lucy - but things will turn around soon.  Luckily I have the best husband and parents ever who are taking care of things and ensuring Lucy has a proper Halloween-y week.  You know it is my favorite holiday.  A couple weeks ago we did get to enjoy some fall treats so hopefully if I feel up to it I can post some pics later today.  Thanks to those of you who have wished me well, it's really helped this week.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Codi,
Thanks for the update. I'm so sorry you've had to endure this, but it is going to be behind you very soon! Everything will go great; just know you are in our thoughts and prayers constantly. We love you. Kim and family

Lacey said...

Oh Codi Thanks for the update. PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can do to help you recover so that you can start to enjoy life again. I know that everything will go wonderful and I can't wait for you to start feeling better!

Mackenzie said...

Good luck with the surgery!!!

Am-Biance said...

Hope that everything went well for you...You are such a sweet gal, and have a beautiful family. Brady and I have so much fun with you guys...We need to get together soon!! Wishing you a speedy recovery...
Much Love~
Stacy

Jackie Sanders said...

Best of luck with everything! I am sorry that its turned out to be such an ordeal!
Good luck and hope to hear good news from the surgery and all!!