Tuesday, December 30, 2008

21 months!


Whoa baby girl!  Today almost came and went before I posted your "happy 21 months".  I guess with all of the excitement of the holidays your 30th of the month milestone almost passed by.  But tonight after you went night-night I was reading in bed and thinking of how you are growing up so fast lately.  How you seemed older tonight when you went to bed than when I first saw you this morning.  That's when it hit me "21 months!".

Baby girl we love you so much!  Earlier tonight we played in your new kitchen and you fed me an ice cream cone and fries from you food playset - just what I like!  You bustle around your toys like you mean business and every time I tried to put the little baking dish in the stove you took it out and put in your shoes.  Silly girl!  

Daddy's new trick with you is to ask you questions and have you give a number response "Lucy how old are you" "one!" you say.  "Lucy how many dogs do you have?" "two".  "How many Christmases is this for you, new years for you, etc.?" "two, two, two".  

This week with all of your new moving and toddling around you gave us a scare.  The other day after we put you down for your nap I came upstairs and heard you banging on your door!  You are getting so big you climbed out of your crib (or as you say, "jumping, jumping").  I freaked out and started to cry.  But once I knew you were okay and not hurt I wanted to cry because you are such a little girl now.  But that is what you are supposed to be and I'm so proud of how amazing you are - even if you are starting to make my heart race!  (Just try and climb out of it now that daddy lowered it).

As daddy always says to you: you're beautiful, you're smart, you're funny, you're pretty, you're intelligent, you're sweet....he could go on and on all night about his bug.  Love you pumpkin pie!


neither of you thought this was as funny as I did - sorry Luce & Wedge!


4 comments:

Wendie said...

I can't believe we didn't talk about it being Lucy's 21 month. This morning I told her only three more months until she was 2. Then I realized it was the day. I sang a silly birthday song to her and that is probably why I got many kisses during lunch... cheese kiss, pickle kiss, ham kiss...(I think she was trying to get me to stop that awful singing). Love you Baby Love... Grandma

Lacey said...

Wow I can't believe how time just flies by. They grow up just way to fast. My dad and I took Ky sledding yesterday and he said to me "when does it start over?" That got me really thinking, this is it, this is all the time we have with them. It really made me sad. Have you seen Click? If not you need to I will bring you my copy. We enjoy every moment in our lives. Well Lucy happy 21 month!

Am-Biance said...

Time flies!! You guys are such a beautiful family, and Lucy bug is so special..Love all of the pictures, and your wonderful updates..Give her a love :)

Leslie Smith said...

Can you believe how much our girls are growing up? Molly is even walking now. How time flies!