Thursday, December 18, 2008

I love...

...baby snow angels

...the snow "squint" (similar to her sun "squint")


...the Dean Martin version of "Baby It's Cold Outside" - I've never really listened to the lyrics until this season but it's a cute song "put some records on while I pour".  Steer clear from the Jessica Simpson/Nick Lachey version, oh and the Dolly Parton/Rod Stewart version (yes, it really exists)

...the Soup Kitchen's tomato soup, yum!

...presents wrapped, cards out and a lot of the "to-do" list crossed off


...cute play friends.  This is Lucy's little friend Brayden and he is ADORABLE - and yes, Lucy is VERY jealous of his gorgeous locks.  These two hung out last weekend at a holiday party and his parents Brady and Stacy and Blake and I were just there to chaperone!

...Santa freak outs!  The whole time in line Lucy was chanting "santa, santa" we asked what she was going to ask him for and she said "elmo, elmo".  Her full paparazzi was there for the event (gammy, poppa, brinton and aunt cake (caitlin)) with all of our cameras ready.  Well when I walked towards Santa she started squirming and saying "no" and what did the best mom ever do?  Plopped her right on his lap!  I think this is the age for Santa freak outs!


...knowing that my family is warm and healthy.  Something none of us should take for granted.


...knowing our San Diego/Sea World trip has been rescheduled!  The way I feel about this cold and snow already will make our getaway in February so much sweeter - let's just hope for no illness, injury etc.


...the smell of our Christmas tree and its gold lights, so cozy at night


...these cute cousins and buddies

Croz and Lucy have had these matching sweaters since spring and Lis and I decided it was time for a photo shoot (and pancakes!).  I must say these two are darling and they play very well together.  

Such a fun, fun afternoon.


...getting Christmas cards and updates/pictures in the mail.  It is so fun to see and hear what everyone is up to.


...our family get-togethers and traditions


...new traditions for the three of us



...this girl, again and again, this girl.  Here she is waiting for her first Trax ride.  Lucy and I met Blake down town to see the Christmas lights at the Salt Lake Temple.  She was so bundled and so cute but she kind of hates these new mittens I got her.

...that Blake understands and hugs me when I break into sobs after getting off of Trax because I feel sad for the homeless guy with holes in his shoes.  And of course on the packed train he was the only one who got up and moved and offered me his seat.  


...that a lot of people are genuinely good 


Blake has yet to capture the people in the picture and the cool scenery (pink & white) lights in the background :)

Blake and I have been together for like, 47 years or something and this was the first time we've ever been to see temple lights together, and we're not even scrooges or anything.


I love...my two besties, more than anything.

4 comments:

Wendie said...

What a beautiful, loving little family you are. Codi, you have such a sweet caring heart. Can't wait for Christmas and spending it with my little buggy. I Love...you all. Mom

caitlin and brinton said...

Oh my gosh, that last picture is the custest of Blake ever! I love all these pictures, and all the things you love make me happy that you're happy. I'm jealous about San Diego- lucky dogs. Can't wait for Christmas!!!

mccall said...

That was such a fun post to read, thank you! That little Lucy kills me. I can't believe she is TALKING now! Yikes, that's crazy. She's so stinkin' cute. And thank you SO much for your Christmas card! That was so nice of you guys to think of us! You're the best...

Sheri said...

Fun stuff. Lucy is so adorable in her snow suit. I just love this time of year. That was a great pic of Lucy and Brayden. What cuties!