Friday, December 5, 2008

breakfast in bed


For Christmas Blake and I decided to give each other a little weekend getaway to Vegas.  We fly out this weekend and we are going to see the band Oasis in concert (yay!).  It all sounds great and I'm sure it will be but I have been struggling this week knowing that I'm leaving my Lucy.  She's staying at gammy's and poppa's and I know they will have such a great weekend together.  It's just the fact that I'll be away from her that makes me sad.  I'm sure once we get there I'll be fine but I haven't been the most enthused traveller-to-be.  I'm sure when we drop her off she'll be pushing us out the door knowing the fun is about to begin but until then I've had to get in my Lucy time.

I brought Lucy into our room this morning and delivered her a tray of breakfast in bed.  She kept saying "oh wow" and that wasn't because I had made some gourmet meal.  She just knew this wasn't our routine and was intrigued.  We ate our toast, snuggled, read some stories and then turned on cartoons.  It's just so nice to have some lounge time with my baby girl.  I hope I don't call and pester her too much while we're away for 48 hours! 


No comments: