Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our Christmas...

...was great!  We had such a nice morning but I can't believe how fast it comes and goes.  We woke the buggy up shortly after 8 and she was very excited to see that Santa had come.  Elmo was a hit as was the peanut butter Christmas trees in her stocking.  She got a baby doll with a stroller, cradle and car seat.  She liked the equipment but not so much on the baby.  After our morning at home we headed to my parents' house.  It's always so cozy Christmas morning at their house and luckily Santa made his way there too.  Lucy got a kitchen set, groceries, shopping cart, 5 million pieces of play food and tons of other things.  She wasn't that interested in all of the darling outfits but she did like her snowy hat and the most darling scarf ever!  Lucy kind of had a roller coaster of emotions that day.  I think it was a little overwhelming and I will admit that we're getting closer to the "two's"  I won't call them terrible just yet but just a little "moody".  We gave her space while we opened our gifts and then after some time alone with her kitchen she was ready for round two. 
After my parents we went to my great aunt Beth's house.  And there is where we got our best Christmas gift - Lucy walked!!  When we first arrived there were just a few of us; normally it's a full house.   Well Lucy was standing by my chair and then without thinking just toddled over to the center of the room.  She sat down and all of us cheered and clapped!  Lucy immediately turned onto her tummy flat on the floor and was quiet as could be.  I don't know if she was embarrassed, scared or what but when I picked her up her bottom lip popped out and she started to cry a little.  My sweet little drama girl!  We were all so proud and I'm so happy Blake and I both, along with my parents and a few other witnesses were all in the room when it happened.  I always knew this day would come but we've waited quite awhile.  Since then she's taken a few steps now and then on her own and she's walking all over the house holding onto her new baby stroller.  She's going to be running within weeks I'm sure!!  I couldn't have asked for anything more exciting!
The rest of the afternoon and evening was spent at my Nani's house.  We had a yummy dinner and got to spend some relaxing fun time with family.  I tried to sing along with my cousins and sister to Mama Mia and we all had numerous laughing attacks!  Lucy loves to be with the cousins - they are so good to her.  
Our Christmas day is always so busy but I wouldn't have it any other way.  Luckily we were tucked in our warm house before the giant snow storm hit - thankful for a wonderful holiday with family.

"oh wow"






my mom got all of us "puffy's" so we had to have a puffy pose!


little miss working in the kitchen


happy new year!

4 comments:

Annie said...

Yeah Lucy!

Good job little bug, I knew you could do it and Christmas was the perfect time.

Glad to hear you guys had a great day!

Wendie said...

What a fun day we all had. So glad we could all be together. Lucy is our little diva, waiting for Christmas day to make her walking debut. Thank you for helping to make our day so special and memorable. We love you, Mom and Dad.

mccall said...

Wahoo! That's awesome that miss Lucy took her first steps! She's so freakin' cute. I'm so glad you guys had such a great Christmas.

Of course Brinton was wearing that hat in your 'puffy' picture... what a dork :-)

Lacey said...

Way to go Lucy!!

Glad you guys had a great Christmas.