Wednesday, December 31, 2008

fresh start

happy new year! (almost)

New year's (or new year's eve rather) has been one of my least favorite holidays.  But starting January 1 I do like the idea of a clean slate.  A new calendar to put events of the coming year, a clean house because the tree and all of the decor is put away, and a new state of mind that maybe some goals can be achieved or at least attempted.  You can group me in with the 80% plus people who don't stick with their resolutions after about 12 hours but it's still fun to have a crisp new notebook and jot some thoughts/hopes for the new year.  Some of mine I'll share...

try not to worry as much about Lucy (at least a little)
get back into decorating even though I'm still in my same house that hasn't sold
start learning about the birds in our yard
maybe cook dinner sometimes
be outside more (at least once spring arrives)
replace diet coke with water (at least a few times a day)
watch more movies with blake instead of bravo alone in my room
limit the drama and just enjoy!

Today I read an article about Lake Superior State University's annual List of Words to Be Banished from the Queen's English for Mis-use, Over-use and General Uselessness.  I don't know why but most of the struck me so funny and I agree with a lot of them.  Some of the best:

maverick
staycation (this word depressed me the first time I heard it)
not so much
it's that time of year again
and the emoticon for heart <3



cheers to a new year!!

2 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

You say "not so much" more than ANYONE I know, so my guess is that one isn't being abolished from your vocab. As for the emoticon for heart, it looks more like boobs to me. Happy New Year!

Kim said...

Codi- I can't believe Lucy is such an acrobat and climbed out of her crib!! She is a beautiful girl and has a very sweet soul that you can feel when you're around her; very loving. It was great seeing you yesterday, thanks for coming over. I hope 2009 will be an exciting and happy year for your family. So glad your back is better! xoxo Kim
P.S. Loved the banished word list!