Sunday, October 28, 2007

Lucy's first play date

I have been friends with Annie since 7th grade. We were in French class together and soon became good friends. I moved during junior high but Annie and I remained friends and would try to see each other or at least chat on the phone. I remember Annie and I were both obsessed with Wayne's World from SNL and saw the movie together and laughed non-stop.
Annie and I have continued to keep in touch over the years and she was one of the first people I called when I was pregnant. She was pregnant too at the time and was able to give me some good advice. Her sweet boy Elliott was born a couple of months before Lucy. Elliott is the most handsome, intelligent, sweet boy ever. He's also going to be one "good sized" linebacker when he grows up! Obviously Lucy is tiny and Elliott is on the far other end of the spectrum. But I think these two will grow to be good friends as Annie and I have.
Last week Lucy and I went out to visit Annie and Elliott and had such a fun time. Annie and I can pick up and talk for hours about anything and it was a fun play date for all four of us. Annie took some great shots of Lucy (she's an amazing photographer) and I got to read books with Elliott. We had a wonderful afternoon.

This was taken over the summer. Lucy has grown quite a bit since then but the size difference is about the same. Not adjusting Lucy's age, these two are about two months apart!






Annie took this great shot of Lucy. I'm in the background reading with Elliott. We need to take another side by side shot of these two.

Photo credit to Annie - she is so talented.


No comments: