Monday, November 19, 2007

the bug likes...


Reading! Yes, Lucy cannot talk yet but she loves her books and loves to be read to. I try and read to her often because I know it is good for her development but Lucy makes it so easy because it is one of her favorite things to do. The hard board books are the best because now Lucy turns the page for me. Sometimes I have to hurry on each page because she turns so fast - it's hard to speed read while doing funny character voices! Last night the bug and I snuggled in bed and read a few of her favorites - about 5 times each. She has such a good attention span and looks at each scene on the page. I always loved reading and books as a child and I'm so happy the bug does too!





Walks! Yes, I think everyone knows Lucy loves her walks. Every nice day I've been home with Lucy we try and make it out for a long walk. On the next street over from our house is a little park with a big walkway in the shape of a long oval. That is Lucy's favorite place to walk in our neighborhood because there are so many birds and one end there is a field of cows and sometimes they are close enough to the walkway to hear moos! Lucy caught a yucky cough/cold last week (yes, the day after her synagis shot) so we've been in the house most of the week. But today she feels a lot better and it is so warm out we took advantage of possibly our last day of nice weather for the year. We had a nice long walk and then we parked in front of the porch so Lucy could look at our aspens that still have some golden leaves - another of her favorite activities. When Lucy goes to grandma and grandpa's the walks there have much bigger trees so it's a lot more entertaining for Lucy. There is also a squirrel in the back yard they always have to look for at the end of the walk. I guess now that the walking season has come to an end she'll just have to look for that squirrel from grandma's window.








best friends



yes, it's almost 70 degrees but we have to keep those ears warm!


enjoying the warm breeze and flickering leaves


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lucy, I wish I could have spent the day with you and mom. It is so beautiful out there and you are so much fun to be with. Tell mom that it looks like you are growing out of your yellow jams. I will see you in the morning baby love...

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big she is getting! I love reading your blog, you do such a great job. See you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Oh Codi, I love reading these and seeing how well Lucy is doing. It makes me so proud so she what she has been through and where she is at. She gives everyone around inspiration. I can’t wait to hear how her first Thanksgiving went! Have a great holiday!!
Love you tonz