Sunday, November 4, 2007

Halloween!

Lucy's first Halloween was a great success. She looked darling in her bug costume and everyone loved seeing her at my mom's yearly Halloween party. My mom does such a great job at her fun party. The house is decorated so cute and spooky carved pumpkins greet everyone at the front door. My mom makes her signature clam chowder with bread bowls and lots of other yummy treats. Everyone is always invited and encouraged to be in costume. Although this year Blake was a hallo"weenie" and wouldn't dress up and my attempt at a butterfly costume was quite lame. I think Caitin and Brinton have inspired everyone to go all out for next year though! So watch out everyone - I'm deciding now we'll have a best costume competition next year.



This is the bug girl as a lady bug - she looked so cute in her costume for her first Halloween!

The dashing Devil (my brother Coleman)






Marie & a Louis (C&B)




Britney Spears (aunt Kim) and the bug - we all know Brit can't be around kids anymore but we let her hold Lucy for a minute as long as she put the super big gulp down!



These two Zeppelin groupies came wandering in and my mom let them in because the chick was 'with child'. Love you D & Lis






The "weenie" and a finally sleeping bug



Every year my dad is a Scotsman and my mom had to lose part of her costume because she was busy in the kitchen - thanks for a great party that we forced you to have before your 6 am next morning flight!





I'm kind of obsessed with Brinton's shoes - this is his second use of them. They premiered two Halloweens ago as Peter Pan.



Lucy was such a party girl this Halloween. She only took one mini nap during the party because she didn't want to miss anything. Lucy loves my mom so much and at the end of the night she was still entertaining us with my mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys had so much fun! That little bug will always the life of the party watch out!!!!

Anonymous said...

Codi I hadn't seen the blog for a while and LOVED catching up, seeing all of the pics, etc. That black and white pic of Lucy is so amazing. And seeing her in person as a ladybug was just the most adorable thing anyone could ever see! She is a major trooper of a baby with all the parties, zoo days, stays at Grandma's, etc. etc.

Love you guys and hope to see you again soon,

Lis & D

Anonymous said...

WE WANT MORE!