Monday, November 12, 2007

just because...

Lucy bug went to get some shots this morning and once again I am awed and amazed by my sweet strong girl. No one likes a needle poke and Lucy doesn't either but she only cried for a minute and then when I was cuddling her I asked for a smile and sweet baby girl gave me one - with tears on her cheeks. This baby girl is my treasure! Lucy had to have her second round of flu shot (she's done now for the season) and her first shot of Synagis. This is a shot that will help prevent RSV (respiratory syncytial virus - resembles a severe cold but can be very dangerous to a preemie). It won't guarantee she won't get RSV but it will really help prevent it. She had to qualify for this by birth weight and gestational age. The shots are administered every month of RSV season (usually Nov-April) so we have to go once a month just for a shot - yuck! But the bug girl can handle it and if it can help keep her healthy and not get coughies and colds its worth it. Synagis is a weight-based drug so that means once a month we'll get weight checks and today sweet girl was 8 lb 3 oz! I was solo to the appointment today so I couldn't get any pics but these were over the weekend, just because...

she's beautiful



she's dramatic (and I love it!)


she's a fashionista (and she loves it!)

she's a silly girl who loves to make faces and blow bubbles


she's a snuggle bug who I can watch sleep for hours

but she's not afraid to let us know she needs her alone time too!

2 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

Oh my gosh! She is so cute I can't even stand it. That first picture seriously is gorgeous of her.
Lucy, your beach ball is waiting, please come back, even if mom and dad don't want you to!! :)

Anonymous said...

8lbs 3 oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so PROUD of you Lucy! Way to go! :)