Friday, November 30, 2007

8 Months!

Wow! Eight months seems so much older than seven months. Baby girl woke me up at 5:00 am this morning. She usually sleeps until seven or eight on the mornings I don't work but this morning she wanted to start her day early. She never cries in the morning, just grunts or babbles and EVERY time I look in her bassinet (yes, yes, I know, I STILL can't put her in her crib in her OWN room) she looks up with the biggest smile at me. This morning I changed her and fed her and then put her on her boppy in bed with us. Usually she is back to sleep that early but this morning she wanted to play. So we read a little in bed and then she noticed Blake and his thundering snores. Lucy would look over at him with a concerned, curious face and then look back at me. I gave her a surprised "what in the world is that noise" face and then she started giggling. It was the cutest thing and it went on for quite awhile. She was so interested in the snoring and then once she saw I was okay, it seemed hysterical to her.

This might be an "obnoxious mom" moment for me. Maybe you'd have to be there, snuggling in bed with my precious big girl on her 8 month birthday and see 400 emotions go across her face with the soft lamp light on her face, to really appreciate this moment. I am starting to go on and on about Lucy now. And I can really say you can't appreciate some of these stories until you are a mom. I know before Lucy I would smile and nod as people I know would tell me about their kids and a morning mishap or a sweet story that happened over the weekend. But I really couldn't or didn't appreciate it that much at the time. Now I've turned into one of those moms. That's probably why I get so excited to go to work, I have a bigger audience to tell about all of my cute bug stories.

Happy birthday sweetheart! (this weekend I will try and catch up with some new pics!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweet baby!!! I love to hear the stories when mommy comes to work. It really takes me back. I get to relive all of those moments... waking up early, wondering what you are thinking about when you have all the different looks!! Oh Codi don't worry you are a NORMAL mommy!! Love you TONZ