Monday, November 26, 2007

ready for the holidays?!

Well I guess I was just a little too excited for Thanksgiving dinner. Last Thanksgiving I was pregnant and puking pumpkin pie (ahh, alliteration!). So I guess that explains why I was preoccupied and forgot the camera. Lucy tried some mashed potatoes and didn't really love the texture so she gagged and then she tried some of my mom's orange cold creamy salad and was in LOVE! She grabbed the spoon and licked it clean. It was so cute and would have been even cuter if I had a picture. Oh well.

Our next event was Lucy visiting Santa. Blake and I had been back and forth on this one. He was skeeved out by germs and said she could just write him a letter but I wanted my baby girl to sit on Santa's lap for her first Christmas. So we agreed to go early in the holiday season and I was armed with wipes and Purell. We went to the mall with my parents and Caitlin on Sunday first thing to see the guy in the big red suit. While we stood in line Lucy got so excited! She was smiling and almost giggling. As we got closer she seemed a little more curious and quiet. But we got to Santa and she sat on his lap and was the happiest girl. She smiled and posed and was the cutest thing ever. I think I was the only mom in tears and Blake had some watery eyes too. Everything with Lucy is just such a joy! We are so emotional because we are so appreciative and grateful for every moment. I was lacking in the prepared parent role again, the camera had no batteries. So we bought pictures from Mrs. Claus and Caitlin got some good shots too.

my picture of a picture with Santa


waiting in line, wondering if she should try for the pony



Who eats stinky socks? Lucy does!

After I had Lucy and was still in the hospital my aunt & uncle Sandy & Tracy and the girls (Haylie, Aspen & Meg) came to visit and brought Lucy a bunch of darling gifts. This onesie and skullcap was one of them and I loved it so much but I was sad because it seemed so big and I thought she'd never fit into it. But to my surprise we pulled it out on Saturday and it fit perfect and was just as cute as I remembered. I love dressing Lucy up and it's so exciting that so many things fit now - and a little sad that so many are now too small for my big girl.

beautiful girl

Caitlin got some more cute shots of Lucy with her visit with Santa - so if you're interested check out Caitlin's blog (she has some fun stuff too of she and Brinton) http://brintonandcaitlin.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

Codi- Are you really still reading Marie Antoinette? It's been awhile, I think you need to move on.

caitlin and brinton said...

Lucy- What did you ask Santa for? I bet I know- some more orange salad and an eight dollar piece of Cheesecake Factory cheesecake? Love you all. And love that 1400 dollar purse, in case you're needing Christmas gift ideas.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you decided to do her picture with the big red guy! I am so excited for you and Lucy for her first christmas. There are so many first's! Christmas was my favorite first with Ky!

Anonymous said...

Lucy with Santa... what a moment! Codi, the way you described it I was totally there. And then to see her little smile on his lap! I just loved reading this. Lucy is looking so much older; last I saw her was Halloween and she has grown. What a DOLL! I want to see you guys again.

Love,
Lis

TDF said...

Cutest little elf girl. If she could talk and give Santa her Christmas wish list he'd need a sleigh just for her cause she's been sooo good. But he knows. We missed you Turkey Bowling but thanks for stopping by on Saturday. It was good to see you all. Wrigley Beans asked if she could borrow Lucy's skullcap again for walks...