Wednesday, July 30, 2008

16 months!




Gulp...oh my goodness the time is going fast.  It seems like Lucy just turned one and now she's well into toddler hood.  Oh this baby girl makes us so happy.  Lucy is getting closer each day to walking but she's not in too much of a hurry because she has so many quick moving techniques to get her around the house just fine now.  She's starting to pull up and want to climb the stairs so...that's fun.  I guess I am a bit delayed in "baby proofing" the house.  I just assumed Lucy would understand what not to touch but after crashing down a picture frame the other day, getting into the dog dish and her love of pulling every single cd (of a few hundred) off of its shelf I've had to make some rearrangements.  Unfortunately Lucy has heard "no" a bit much lately and has turned it into a song.  While she's playing and getting into mischief she sings in her cute voice "no, no, no, no...." it sounds so cute and happy so she must not fully understand it's meaning.  I guess it's hard to when I have a hard time stifling a smile or laugh when I say it. 
Lucy's vocabulary is increasing weekly and even though she doesn't know all of the words she's communicating really well.  It is so fun to understand each other and have little exchanges through out the day.  

The bug's appetite has been huge lately and that has been another area to get used to.  She still has a couple of bottles a day (usually morning and night) but she eats these full little girl meals now. Before I would start her with a few small bites but now I have to prepare a full plate for her.  I cut everything up and arrange it on her little plate as fast as I can because she's usually shrieking with excitement for what's to come. She chews her little bites so cute and any second when the rest of those darn teeth finally poke through she'll be chewing a lot more.  

This week we're solo again.  Blake had to travel to Kentucky for his new job training so we have been entertaining ourselves.  Blake called this morning to talk to his little bug and she's becoming more interested in talking on the phone.  He misses his bug girl so much and we miss him too!  I wanted to get pictures of Lucy this morning on her actual 16 months first thing when she woke up.  So here is my precious girl who we love so much...sleepy head!

Lucy loves these pink curlers - of course not to go into her hair but in her mouth.  She always seems to find one out of no where.


once she finds one it always goes right in her mouth like a cigar.  what a bug!  happy 16 months baby girl!

4 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

Happy 16th month anniversary Lucy! You are so smart and gorgeous- love u so much!

caitlin and brinton said...

P.S. OH.MY.GOSH. That first picture of Lucy in her crib looks like an exact spitting image of COLEMAN when he was a kid... honestly, I'm kind of freaked out at the resemblance right now.

Wendie said...

Oh Lucy, Grandma is losing it, I was thinking your 16th month was tomorrow. Can't believe how fast time is passing now. You have turned into a little tease. You get that mischievious look in your eye and make sure I'm watching and then make your move, giggling all the time. It's hard not to laugh because you can do no wrong and you're the cutest bug ever. Love you!!

Grandma xoxo

Natalie said...

Codi, can Lucy really be that old? Wow! Can't wait to see her in person. Yeah, get ready for the Terrific Two's. You're in for some fun.......We're also planning a couple trips up to SL. One this month and one next month. I'll call you when we get there if you give me your phone number? Sorry, idiot me lost it.