Monday, July 28, 2008

Our 24th

Our 24th of July holiday got an early start.  The night before we went to Nana Schreck's apartment so the bug could get her swim on.  Blake and Lucy pretty much had the pool to themselves while Janet, Bob, Kyle and I watched.  The pool was a perfect temp for Luce and we had dinner and a nice visit.  

Blake had to work on the 24th so I set the alarm, picked up our sidekick (Caitlin) and off we went to the sweltering 24th of July parade.  Yama-to-the-hama - it was HOT!!  I knew it would be warm but this was a scorcher.  We sat at the intersection near the gift basket shop my mom works at and my family had a good set up of drinks, umbrellas and seats but still it was too hot.  Caitlin, my mom and me took turns taking Lucy up close to the parade and she loved the floats and the bands but even she got too warm to enjoy it so we packed it up.  

That evening got much cooler at my great aunt Beth's bbq.  There was a big group and we had a lot of fun.  Lucy met another Lucy (so cute!) and she loved watching all of the big kids run around and play while she snacked on watermelon and guacamole dip.  

It was a fun holiday and I'm sad to say I feel the summer starting to wind down.  I love the fall more than any other season so I can't say I'm sad to see it coming but about this time in the summer you know you're on the downhill slope.  So we'll have to get in all of the swims, popsicles and barefoot days we can.



nana and the bug

the Schreck's and Lucy after her swim-time


Lis and Croz at the parade - next year let's watch inside with the A/C

these girls need a slurpee


I've never seen such competitiveness for tug-of-war!

This miss is ready to walk - with piggies and all!

Finally!  This girl got some painted pigs - I'm so proud of this pedicure - I got it done in just under a minute!

This bug loves a party but by the end of the night and the last of the fireworks she was so ready for beddy.  Love you Luce.

2 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

3 things... 1. I still would really like to know what that man is going to do with all of his footage from the parade that he got with his tripod... bizarro world; 2. I love Lucy when she's done swimming or bathing and when she gets all wrapped up in a towel. 3. Where can I find those PJ's of Lucy's? I think I need some one piece footsy pj's this fall.

Lacey said...

Ok, I LOVE the picture of Lucy standing there her face is so precious!