Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Jack!



(*disclaimer: you may start to bop in your seat, get up and dance, or fall in love with some cute musicians upon watching this youtube!)

On Monday I finally was reunited with my sweet boyfriend Jack Johnson.  He's quite lovely and can always make me dance and smile!  Yes, Blake, my cousins Haylie, Aspen and Meg all went to the Jack show and it was great.  This is the 3rd time I've seen Jack play and it's always super.  He's such the summer-outdoor show performer and we've been counting down for this one for awhile.  We decided Lucy would have more fun with a sleep over at gaga and poppa's (we're trying this name out for my dad - I think she'll get it before grandpa) so we were baby-free which allowed more dancing opportunities :)
Two opening bands played, Neil Halstead (which Blake and I loved and are now searching for his stuff) and Rogue Wave (Meg and I thought they were fun).  We had really good seats and although I was eager for Jack to come on I was hoping he would be delayed a bit so my sister could make it in time.  She was flying in from being stranded in Washington (long story, hopefully she'll blog about because I'm sure I'll find some humorous parts of her tale) and our friend Sabrina picked her up and then they raced to she show.  They got there half way through Jack's set but in my opinion any Jack is worth it!
So this show kind of started to set the sun on summer.  I think it's our last outdoor show of the year but I know we'll see him again soon.  I'm so glad my cute cousins went with us and I love them because they dance with me and point out all of the good people watching opportunities!  

*highlights
1 - Jack covering Paul Simon's "Mother and Child Reunion".  This was so cool and I think my cousins and me were the only ones who knew the lyrics.
2 - Zack Gill - he may have to share boyfriend duties with Jack.  He plays in his band (ALO Animal Liberation Orchestra) and plays piano and accordion with Jack.  He has the most delicious dance moves and is cu-ute!  He played one of his songs with Jack (posted above from another show).
3 - an almost full moon
4 - hearing the opening sounds of "Flake".  This was Jack Johnson's first big hit and it's still my favorite song.  
5 - Blake.  He likes Jack too and he doesn't care that I have a huge crush on him.  He doesn't care that I dance through the whole show when I don't have the best moves.  And he is a good sport about being surrounded with girls (cousins, sister, friends).  And he never makes me stand in the concession lines!

2 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

Very bitter about this right now... but I'm glad you had a good time. Jack is mine though, sorry.

Alisa said...

Mother and Child Reunion sounds amazing; oh I would have loved that! Sounds like so much fun and isn't it nice when you have great seats? It makes all the difference when it's a musician you want to just... study (;