Sunday, November 30, 2008

20 months!


"Oh wow" (Lucy's favorite phrase)!  I don't know if I'm ready to say twenty months old - but I guess I don't have much of a choice.  I really can't believe how fast time flies.  These months are going quicker and quicker and I'm sure December will go just as fast as November did with holidays, outings and activities.  

Lucy had a successful Thanksgiving by entertaining us and making us all laugh.  Over this long weekend Blake and I have been teaching her French words for fun.  She can say bonjour as clear as anything and we're working on some others.  Blake doesn't know French but he likes to pretend to and I hear him throughout the house bellowing "bonjour Lucy".  It's quite cute.  Lucy can say pretty much most letters of the alphabet (repeating them after us) and can count to two.  She's really starting to use her hands and arms when she speaks and is really worked up about something.  I listen intently and try to figure her out.  One day I expect her to just start speaking in full sentences to get me to understand!

Lucy loves being a girl and loves being around her girls.  Lucky for her we have lots in our family.  She loves going to my mom's shop on Thursdays when I pick her up at noon.  She gets to visit with my aunt Kim and aunt Beth and whatever customer happens to be there.  She loves to sit on the counter and jabber while she checks out the products.  The other night we had girls' night with my sister and Ferguson cousins to eat pizza and watch Troop Beverly Hills (a classic). Well Lucy had to be right there with us, putting on a show, dancing and shaking her bum for all!  She was so full of energy and focused on entertaining she slept in the next morning she was so worn out!

And yesterday Lucy went shopping with my mom (gammy), Caitlin and me.  She loves to be with the girls and loves stores.  But before this little princess would sit quietly and smile to everyone.  Now she wants to climb out of shopping carts, squiggle out of seat belts and screech if I don't meet her commands.  But all of this is expected at twenty months so I'm glad to know she's on track!

Baby girl, we love you so much.  You make our days so fun and exciting.  We love your funny laugh and cute smile.  You are so smart and it is so neat to watch you learn.  Thank you for being such a sweet girl.  We love you Luce, happy twenty months.

winter time means - Uggs and little Uggs!


3 comments:

Wendie said...

Happy 20 months, Little Bug. You are changing so much. Every time I see you it seems like you have learned something new. You are such a fun little shopper. I'm glad that you inherited the love of shopping like the rest of the girls in our family. Looking forward to next week. We are going to have so much fun!! Love you, Grandma

Alisa said...

Happy Birthday, Luce! I can't believe two is coming around the corner. What happened to time? I want to see you more often to see all of these fun changes. I am very proud of you and your French progress, this makes me one proud aunt-cousin or whatever I am to you. I know you make your mom and dad so happy and everyone around you, miss you!

I love how you say "Oh, wow," just like your mom (:

Love,

Lis

caitlin and brinton said...

Lucy- You're the only girl in the world I would feed an egg mcmuffin to... thanks for the entertainment and kisses. I love you! And I love your UGGs.