Sunday, November 23, 2008

Viva la Coldplay


Blake and I saw Coldplay last night and they were SO good!  I'm not as big of fan as Blake is but now maybe so.  The show was a lot of fun and I've always thought the lead singer Chris Martin was attractive but after watching his dance moves and super stage presence he's now officially a a new crush.  Gwyneth is very lucky.  

Our super-pricey seats were near the back of the arena but the sound was good and the band moved around last night for us to see them pretty well.  At one point during the show the band left the stage to reappear running up the stairs next to our section!  They were literally 5 feet away from us and about ten rows above our seats they did a two song acoustic set - that was one of the highlights.  I read the review in the Trib this afternoon online and it's awful; enough for me to want to register and make a comment to the writer.  He must not have seen the same show as us or maybe Blake and I are easily impressed.  

The only down part of the show is that Blake told me at dinner to not bring in my camera because they probably wouldn't let me in.  So I left it and missed some great photo ops of the show (and of the up close set they played by us).  There were nine million cameras in that place so next time I'll know to bring it along anyway.  Instead I have to post these lame mini stock photos.  Oh well, it was a fun night!   



2 comments:

Alisa said...

Coldplay's music is gorgeous; I wish I could have seen that show. Their music alone has such presence; what a treat to see them play it... good luck with that new crush (;

mccall said...

Oh gosh, I'm so jealous. I've heard that concert was amazing. Glad you guys were able to go. I'm living vicariously through you - reading this post and listening to Coldplay on your blog: it's almost like I was there! Ok, not really... but I'm glad you guys had fun! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

P.S. Lucy seriously gets cuter every day. Give her a kiss for me!