Thursday, November 20, 2008

piggy-wiggy lucy-goosey


Today at work I told my friend Lacey that I put Lucy's hair in piggies today and that it looked so cute.  Lacey wondered how long Lucy's hair was getting so I thought I'd post some pics of her locks today.  They're a little longer than the sprouts we did in the summer but Blake still thinks they look goofy.  I think they are beautiful and lovely!  Her hair is almost long enough in the back to put in a pony tail but I'm afraid it would look like a mullet in a pony tail because the sides are still short.  She has some pretty decent curls in the back and I can tell it's getting a little thicker.  It's so fun to have a little girl!


Lucy's new trick is putting on her shoes and socks.  At first I thought she was just playing around and would get bored with trying but she kept at it and now she can put on her own socks!  She's such a big girl - she can do it fast too.  But the second they're on she wants to take them off and put them back on (I promise, she does have toys).  Shoes are a little harder because bug's feet are growing and so most of her shoes are getting a little snug.  Now if she could just put that much determination into her walking skills...


Lucy's PT said she's fully capable of walking but that she's too smart for her own good (her words, not mine) she said she knows the consequence of falling and is trying to prevent it.  She also said Lucy knows everyone will help her and take her around without having to do the work herself.  I'm not 100% sold on laziness but I do know she's not quite sure to be on her own out of fear.  I'm sure she'll come around to it soon; in the meantime isn't she so cute!

Oh and we don't have to worry about her communication skills - her verbal scores from EI came back and she's at the 24 month level - yay for jabber mouths!

5 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

Oh my gosh! Is that the sweater I bought her LAST year for Christmas? It looks so cute on her. Cutest little gal in the world.

Lacey said...

WOW her hair is really long. She is so stinkin' cute! We need to have a play date soon! Kylee would just love it.

Kim said...

It was so good to see you and Lucy yesterday at the shop. I am so intrigued when I look into Lucy's amazing blue eyes; she seems to be analyzing me and everything around her. She is so darling and so, so smart. You and Blake have your work cut out for you!!!! xoxo Kim

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! I love her hair in pig tails!

Alisa said...

The pigtails aren't goofy, they are so Luce!