Sunday, March 1, 2009

23 months!


Happy 23 months baby girl!  February is kind of weird because we'll never get a 30th to acknowledge your actual milestone.  So give or take a day, you're 23 months.  The bigger story is that you are one month away from TWO!!!  

You are doing all sorts of crazy and amazing things lately.  First of all, you know how to work the system.  Anytime you do something naughty or something you know you shouldn't you look at me and literally pucker your lips for a kiss!  Honestly, who can get mad with those cute lips puckered?!  Speaking of doing naughty things (your Gammy would disagree) but you are proving that you're a normal, developing toddler and pushing your limits.  Dumping the dogs' water dish, throwing plates, sippies and any food you don't like from your high chair, ripping pages in books and having mini meltdowns if you don't get something you want right now!
Most of the time I know you are doing this just to have fun but other times I see that mischievous grin right before you do something and when you look for a reaction I know it's not so innocent!

You are very attached to your two stuffed friends Elmo and Zoey.  They go everywhere we go and if we don't have them then it's not fun for everyone.  You don't really like the doll babies you got for Christmas but Elmo and Zoey take their place with rides in your stroller and being fed by you.  You are also counting to ten with a little help once we reach 7 and we're starting to work on colors and letters.  A lot of these are inside activitites and we can't wait for the nice, warmer days of spring because I think we're all starting to go stir crazy in this house.  You will have so much fun this spring exploring and playing outside!

Just yesterday I was at the hospital for my volunteering in the NICU and I still can't get over how far you have come.  Even though the unit is at the new hospital, the smell of the soap we used every visit is so strong and brings back so many memories.  Yesterday some volunteers were mentioning how they missed kangaroo care with their babies because that was such a powerful bonding experience.  I haven't thought much about kangaroo care but driving home I replayed those evenings in my head.  Just the three of us sitting and sometimes not even speaking.  I would hold you against my chest and even with the beeps of the machines and the oxygen and wires it would seem (most nights) like the most comfortable place because I was holding you.  Last night before you went to bed you climbed into my lap and let me hold and snuggle you and even though it was only for about three minutes it was the best part of my day!  
I love you hunny so, so much!  You have a big birthday coming up and I can't wait to see what other fun things you do until then.  Love, mommy

p.s.
This week we went to your favorite cousin's first birthday party!  Even though you're about a year apart you and Croz measure up pretty close in size so he makes a pretty good play date.  Happy 1st birthday Crosby - we love you!!


4 comments:

Alisa said...

Happy 23 months Luce, I loved reading this update about you because I don't get to see you often enough! All that mischief you get in is a good good thing. You are learning and growing every minute and I cannot BELIEVE you'll be two years old. Time moves on so fast. We love you and want to play soon.

Love,

Lis and Croz

caitlin and brinton said...

Happy 23 months little one!

Lacey said...

WOW 2 years old in less than a month. I can't believe it. It seems like yesterday. Its crazy how they grow and learn so much so fast.

Am-Biance said...

Yea Luc bug!!! Wow, the big 2...She is such a sweetheart and so, SO smart. Brady,Brayden and I are so thrilled to know little Luc..Sending all our luv~