Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy 2nd birthday Lucy!!!

Oh baby girl.
I love you so much and I'm so excited for your second birthday.  At times
it seems like just months since you were in the hospital and we'd have to 
kiss you good night and leave you. Thinking about it now I cannot even imagine how we 
were able to do that night after night.  But I guess because at that point all 
we knew is that you had to grow big and strong and healthy.  We also didn't know what we were missing yet.  We didn't know about this funny, beautiful, perfect daughter.  
We didn't know how much she'd make us laugh - her beautiful voice - her loving personality.
No, all we knew is that we loved you more than life and that we'd do 
anything for you.


Your first year at home was every emotion all rolled into one.  
We had so many fun adventures and you and your sweet personality
was shown.  After your first birthday we rolled into your 2nd year and wow -
what an amazing time we had!!
You are my best friend Lucy bug.  You have taught me so much
about myself and you have allowed me to be the person I truly am.
You inspire me to better myself and give me the courage to do what I want.
You have amazed me with all of your talents.
You are a perfect little walker (we knew it would eventually happen!) you have 
a beautiful little singing voice (much better than mine), you have dance moves like nobody's 
business and I must say, you are brilliant.

You are a non-stop - laugh-a-minute entertainer.  You love everyone 
so much with your big heart.  You could give daddy and me kisses back and forth all night
before we tuck  you in.  You love your puppies and so sweetly say 
"hi, guys" in the morning when you see them.  
Lucy you are so blessed with a loving family and extended family who love you 
so, so much.

You have come so far since your tiny little perfect beginning.  I know you have a huge, long, 
healthy lifetime ahead of you sweetie pie - but what you've done for yourself, me and all of our family so far in your first two years is amazing.  

So I know you'll continue to make us laugh with your faces,
 make me yell when you throw your 
food, make my heart melt when I see your sweet, perfect face and 
make daddy and I continue to strive to be better parents.

Thanks for being a good traveler, a little fashionista, 
an Elmo loving bug.  You love to snuggle in for Tinkerbell movie, 
you get excited for nice linens in nice hotels, you give me an air kiss for a treat
and you do all of these things with your sweet smile.

We've had such a fun year with you bugalicious.
And we have many more exciting things I'm
sure just around the corner.
Thank you for being our daughter -
we love you so much Lucy and hope
you have a happy, happy 
birthday!

Here's to another healthy, happy year!

9 comments:

Wendie said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Lucy!! It is hard to remember what our lives were like before you were born. You have brought us such happiness. We are so lucky to have such a sweet, loving grandaughter. I am sending birthday hugs and kisses until I see you. I love you so, so much!!! Gammy

Kim said...

What a perfect tribute to Lucy - Happy Birthday to an amazing girl!! Codi, you and Blake are such great parents; Lucy is a lucky girl! xoxo Kim

caitlin and brinton said...

Happy Birthday to the best little girl in the world! We love you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweethear! You are perfect in every way and Mommy and Daddy love you so much!!

Unknown said...

That was so sweet! Happy Birthday Lucy!

Sheri said...

Happy 2nd Birthday to Lucy!! What an amazing girl and amazing parents. I hope your day is perfect! You deserve it.

Alisa said...

I hope you get to read all of the comments about you left over the years someday, Lucy. You have some serious fans. Happy Birthday today! 2 years old seems just unreal. How much fun it is to see you grow and my mom and I were saying on the way home from your party, "I can't believe how SWEET she is."

We love you!

Love,

Lis, D, and Crosby

Annie said...

Happy birthday Lucy.

It looks like you had a great day!

Love, elliott

Becca said...

Happy 2nd birthday Luce!!