Wednesday, March 11, 2009

first hair cut


I have a love/hate relationship with Lucy's hair - probably because I feel the same about my own.  I've had some really good cuts and some nightmares.  Curly hair can be tough to deal with and especially when it is super fine like Lucy's is now.  Her curls look perfect and darling after her shampoo and a little product but after an hour or so it's frizz city in the back.  So, I decided to take her for her first cut and let's hope this little shape up will make it easier for thick, flowing curls to come in.  Let's hope.


Cookie Cutters seemed to be the best option.  A fun car/plane/truck to sit in and choice of dvd to focus on other than the snip, snip around her ears.  It was over with before I had a chance to get emotional and cry and they even gave me a little baggy with one of her curls.  A sucker, balloon and a few pics of miss "I'm getting tired of the camera" and we were out the door!  The stylist did this cute little style on the top which for some reason makes her look older and maybe now I'll have a little cry! :)

my almost two year old...sigh

4 comments:

Lacey said...

So cute.

Alisa said...

So glad you posted this... I almost took C there but didn't. When it is time for a haircut I will since it looks like they did a stellar job! Lookin' good Luce!

Annie said...

what a cute girl. Love the new do.

caitlin and brinton said...

I LOVE those pictures- how cute. She's such a grown up little gal.