Sunday, March 29, 2009

Elmo Cake!


On Saturday we started off a week of birthday festivities for Lucy.  Her actual birthday is on the 30th but we got started with her first party on Saturday.  All week when asked what she wanted for her birthday Lucy repeated, "Elmo cake - Elmo cake".  By the end of the week when I asked what she wanted for breakfast it turned to "Ernie, Zoey or Cookie cake" - she does love her Sesame Street!

We had a fun party - with Elmo cake of course and pizza (Elmo's favorite meal).  It was so funny to watch Lucy march around and get so excited for her guests, gifts, balloons and cake!  

my almost (tomorrow!) 2 year old

she was more interested in entertaining her guests!

fancy luce

Elmo cake was delish!

Lucy got a golf set and my brother spent time putting it together just so he could see if she'd fit INSIDE of the bag - and of course she did


table & chairs from gammy & poppa

her two new rides 

at the end of a long-fun day I realized we never got a family picture - so while we were 
sitting in the dark (doing our little part for Earth Hour) we snapped this.  
I love our little family and am so thankful for my Lucy.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

You look so pretty in your family picture! Happy Big birthday Lucy! You are so lucky to have such a great mommy! I hope (even though I know it will)your day tomorrow will be great!

caitlin and brinton said...

I love that picture of you three- you look beautiful, Codi! The party was so fun, thanks for the entire pizza that's fed us for like... four meals so far.