Monday, March 9, 2009

EI Graduate!


Today Lucy had her final visit from early intervention!  We had our final IFSP interview, signed exit papers and Lucy graduated from this very beneficial program.  She is testing at her age or above her age in all categories early intervention evaluates and there is no more need for services.  

I'm so proud of Lucy for how far she has come - and so exciting that she graduated before her 2nd birthday!  Early Intervention is a great program offered by the state for premature babies and also babies who have some special needs and need some "early intervention".  In Lucy's case all of her delays were gross motor and could be contributed to her being so early and her small size - she was able to conquer everything just with time and the work we spent at home.  But the PT's and staff of EI always had helpful information and the peace of mind knowing someone on the outside was keeping up with Lucy's progress was so reassuring.  Unfortunately, we've heard that many programs like EI are being faced with major budget cuts and some kids will miss out on these much needed services.  After benefiting from these services we will do everything we can to show support for funding for these programs.


This morning was a happy morning and kind of emotional too.  Lucy seemed to know how proud I was of her and she kept dancing around and singing - what a little show off.  Every graduation deserves a gift so I dug into the birthday stash and pulled out a surprise for Lucy - congratulations Luce!

4 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

Oh bug ~ congratulations on being the funniest, cutest, best little girl any of us have ever known! I love you! Thanks for making me laugh hysterically on Friday night :)

Anonymous said...

Lucy, I am so proud of you! You are so special and mean the world to Mommy and I! I love you!!

Codi, I want to thank you for everything you do for Lucy and our family. I love you!!

Wendie said...

Yea Lucy!! Just another milestone to add to your many accomplishments. You are such a strong little girl and we are so proud of you. I think I hear you upstairs now. Love you. Gammy

kennan said...

anxiously awaiting that day in my life!!!!

congrats to you lucy! you are adorably amazing and i should probably meet you.