Thursday, March 19, 2009

happy birthday caitlin!

My little sister Caitlin is turning 22 today!
  She is one of my best friends and one of my favorite people ever.  We have a lot more
 in common than we did 10 years ago (or even 5)
and I love that we are so close even though we're 9 years apart.

Caitlin said after her birthday last year (21 in Vegas) all birthdays will be boring.
That's a happy thought!
So I thought I'd give her a bonus present post (don't worry - you're still getting a real gift).
Here's to you Caitlin (Cait, Pudge, Tweet) - love you!

Caitlin is:
passionate, hangry, beautiful, driven, intense, intelligent,
funny, enthusiastic, skinny, stubborn, a super aunt, 
stylish, complex, an activist, a good dancer, moody,
an amazing writer and loyal friend.

Caitlin loves:
Sublime, chocolate cake, cute clothes, doing well in school,
cheeseburgers, high heels, the movie Garden State, her family,
all things beachy, good dining experiences, 
Lucy, My Fair Lady, singing along to everything, 
Brinton and her pups.

What I love about Caitlin:
her prince valiant haircut she had as a little girl, her shared excitement for
a morning mocha, a two second glance we can exchange that says 100 words, 
her confidence, watching her interact with Lucy,
how she was my nurse when I had mono at 19, her food texts and pics
watching her sing one of the Applebee's birthday songs or "go bananas".

I love you, happy birthday!


7 comments:

Lacey said...

Happy Birthday Caitlin, you ARE an amazing woman!!!

caitlin and brinton said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bring a tear or two to my eye! I have been feeling down in the dumps for this years birthday but being surrounded by treats and then THIS post... this post will be the best birthday present, I know it! Last night someone said "you two are lucky to have each other"... about me and you... so true! Love you so much!

Anonymous said...

You're so sweet Codi- what a good sister. You should make speeches for a living. I love you too Cait. Happy birthday girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh and that person that said you two were lucky to have each other was me :)

Am-Biance said...

You are such a great sister! Love the post...you're so creative Codi~ We need to get together soon! Give Luce loves :)

Anonymous said...

What a great birthday present! I love you both!

P.S. I recently learned a nickname you left off of your list....The Wart!

Alisa said...

Happy Birthday again Caitlin! This was so fun to read; makes me want to have a sister!