Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Another tag...

Today is cold and not June weather - yuck! Lucy and I had swim but the rest of the day we've hunkered down because of the cold. But the good part is Lucy's doing lots of fun tricks. She's learned to kiss when we say "kiss, kiss" (my mom taught her this). And she's pulling herself up onto everything. She was pulling up on her laundry basket today and almost fell in! Other than those fun tricks not much has gone on so I've accepted another tag. If they bore you skip this post and wait for something more exciting (I assume it will happen!)

1) Do you like bleu cheese? yes, in moderation.
2) What superstition do you "most" believe in? I say "knock on wood" but usually don't knock.
3) Do you own guns? No but my husband does.
4) What flavor do you add to your drink at sonic? cherry limeade!
5) Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Um, yes. I've stressed probably a year or two off of my life because of nervousness before doctor appointments.
6) What do you think of hot dogs? I have to be in the mood but usually like them. Blake has perfected my hot dog: Hebrew National, split down the middle, grilled until it's almost black.
7) Can you do push ups? No and I don't want to
8) Can you do a chin up? No and I don't want to
9) What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding ring and my Lois Hill necklace Blake got me last year for my first Mother's Day.
10) Favorite hobby? Shopping for house stuff, decorating my house and reading.
11) Ever been in a car wreck? Multiple wrecks none of which were my fault. I was hit head-on and it really made me nervous to be in any car for a few years.
12) Do you have A.D.D? Not unless I'm out at dinner with Blake and I'm trying to eavesdrop on another table, sad I know.
13) What's one trait that you hate about yourself? I'm pretty sensitive.
14) Middle name? Leigh
15) Name 2 thoughts at this exact moment? What am I wearing to Stone Temple Pilots concert tonight and I have to do laundry/pack for this weekend (instead I'm doing another lame tag).
16) Name 3 things you bought yesterday? The new Aimee Mann cd on iTunes (amazing!), an iced mocha and dinner with my friends after work.
17) Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? diet coke, coffee, water
18) Current worry? small random things that will be okay
20) Current hate right now? surprisingly, nothing.
21) How did you bring in the New Year? Alone, Blake and Lucy were snoozing.
22) Where would you like to go? Right now I really want to take Lucy (with Blake too) to San Francisco and walk around and shop for her in cool kids clothing stores and have yummy seafood lunches.
23) Name three people who will complete this? Guess what, I'll tag NO ONE! Everyone else is probably sick of these or has done it already.
24) Do you own slippers? Yes but I never wear them, I'm the bare foot queen.
25) What shirt are you wearing? Black tank top, it's my home uniform.
26) Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No, I prefer a high thread count Egyptian cotton.
27) Can you whistle? yes
28) Favorite color? brown
29) Would you be a pirate? Um, no.
30) What songs do you sing in the shower? Lately it's been "apple-bottom jeans, boots with the fur..." because Lucy loves rap and this song is always in my head.
31) Favorite girl's name? Lucy! But I also love Brynn and Lauren.
33) Favorite boy's name? Jack. I love Asher too but I'll never get to use it because Blake hates it.
34) What's in your pocket? No pockets in these lounge pants!
35) Last thing that made you laugh? TMZ tv show. My guilty pleasure.
36) Best bed sheets as a child? I really don't remember having a favorite.
37) Worst injury you've ever had? When I got bit by a brown recluse spider or my most recent back/leg injury.
38) Do you love where you live? Yes but being by the ocean would be nice.
39) How many TVs do you have in your house? 2
40) Who is your loudest friend? Rebecca..I can hear her at work down the hall! :)
41) who is your closest friend you have? My mom and my sister, my friends at work and Nikki, one of my longest friends.
42) Does someone have a crush on you? Not that I know of.
43) What Celebrity would play you in a movie? I would love Elizabeth Shue since she's Blake's dream girl but I don't think it would happen.
44) What is your favorite book? Last night I claimed it was East of Eden by John Steinbeck so I'll stick with that. I also love My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok and Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston.
45) What is your favorite candy? Sadly Peanut Butter Twix, but we lost that beloved treat about a year or so ago when it was discontinued. As Caitlin put it in an email once, RIP PB Twix.
46) Favorite Sports Team? I guess the Jazz or Trojans football
47) What song do you want played at your funeral? This question is a tad doomsday for my liking but I guess The Trapeze Swinger by Iron & Wine, it's sad though and like 13 minutes so people may fall asleep.
48) What were you doing at 12 AM last night? Sleeping
49) What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning? "It's cold and we're supposed to swim?!"

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Yes! I'm so glad you did this because I'm a bit of a freak and like to read them, so just call me your stalker. I don't understand: everyone had to LOVE PB Twix. It was one of my favorites too and they have really screwed things up with the chocolate PB Twix. I think it is cute how Lucy is your clone when it comes to eavesdropping, I love you middle name Leigh, and we should start a burnt hot dog club.

Love you, can't wait to see you.

Kim said...

I love reading your blog Codi - it is always entertaining! So glad that you and Lucy are having fun at swim class; it's so great that she loves the water so much! She is such a doll!!! xoxo Kim

caitlin and brinton said...

Thanks for doing the tag, even though we get a ton of them and some of the same questions come up, it's still entertaining and insightful. I'm here at work while you drive out for a fun-filled weekend with the fam, I'm jealous. I'm excited for the pup-filled weekend. Miss u at the zoo, and especially miss Goosey.
Have fun! Love u guys