Monday, June 16, 2008

one year home...

Our precious Lucy has been home now with us for one year! Last June 16th Lucy passed her eye test, car seat test and feeding schedule and was finally discharged after 79 days in the NICU. Blake and I were so happy but extremely nervous to take our bug girl home. When she was discharged my parents and Caitlin and Brinton were there along with Lucy's primary nurses and there weren't many dry eyes! Thinking back I really don't know how we did it. Having to leave our little girl every night was torturous for us but at that time that was all we knew and we knew we wanted her healthy and strong before she was fully in our care. March 30th of this year was Lucy's first birthday and that seems so long ago - and to think the time from her birthday until today was how long she was in the hospital and how long we waited for her to be home with us.
Now we have this wild bug that I love more than anything. She is the best little girl and has always been so strong. This morning at swimming I watched her splash and laugh on keep a hold of me and I felt so much love and gratefulness. This has been such a great year home and I'm so glad she's ours to keep!
Lucy taken outside for the first time by one of her primary nurses, cute Natasha
snuggling with mom for the first time at home
the Bug today...

yes, I'm bugalicious!

can you even stand how cute this girl is??!!!

we're in love with piggy tails!

6 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

Oh my gosh- I can't believe how these pictures brought me to tears, even though I saw her yesterday! She looks ginormous (in a great way)! She is the most adorable child I've ever seen and it's bittersweet, even for me, the evil aunt, to see her grow up so fast. I love you little one.

Alisa said...

That picture of the nurse with her put me over the edge and then the one with you. I'll never forget visiting you right after you had Lucy and trying to put into perspective just how much EMOTION was pulsing through you (and Blake). Only you guys know what this feels like. You made it through and your own little family has witnessed glory like none other; you each are amazing and strong in your own way. I admire you Codi and Blake so much! Love you guys so much! And Lucy... you are everyone's angel of a girl. Wish we could have spent a little more time in Panguitch to hang out ):

Wendie said...

Lucy, you have changed our lives. I know I've said this many times, but everyday you bring more joy into our hearts. How blessed we are to have such a happy, loving little girl. Grandpa and I love you with all our hearts.

XOXO!! Love you Sweetheart, Grandma

Kim said...

Codi - I love the picture of you at home for the first time with Lucy - I can feel the emotions in that picture. What an amazing journey you have all taken together. She is such a blessing to all!

Lacey said...

Wow, that doesn't even seem like the same little girls. She is such a fighter and so strong those qualities are going to take her so far.

Leslie Smith said...

Codi-
Isn't it crazy our girls have been home for a year! You always have Lucy in such cute clothes and hair bows. I love the picture of your bug with Natasha. She got the cute red hair, too.