Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Panguitch

Every June for the past few years our family (on my dad's, Worthen side) has taken a trip down south to Panguitch Utah for a family reunion. It's such a fun, relaxing time to catch up with family and have a nice getaway. This year the number of family members was smaller than usual but we still had a fun time. Lucy (and a bunch of the other cousins) were upset that the pool wasn't ready for swimming but we made up for it with games, walks, naps and eating!
My grandpa Keith Worthen passed away November 2006 (right after I found out I was pregnant with Lucy) he grew up in Panguitch and his brother Vee is the only sibling who still lives in Panguitch. When we go down my great-aunt Beth gets all of us rooms at the motel just around the corner from Vee's home. His front porch is a great place for relaxing, visiting and waving to the rare passer-by. It is a very slow-paced town but a nice getaway from our busy lives. We had a fun trip and I hope more of us can make it down next year!

my dad and his uncle Vee

my superstar

oookaaay, these twin-hat cousins were not really feelin' camera time like D and I were

this kind of makes me want to cry because she looks so much older!!

This is pretty much Lucy's favorite place to be - grandpa's lap! She knows eventually he'll have ice cream or some other treat for her.

Brooke and Becca - I told them to pose for "senior pictures" and even though they're quite a few years away they knew the exact cheesy poses I was looking for!

In Bryce Canyon - Lucy can't wait to hike with daddy. And I wish them all a good time!

Lucy and Ga-Ga

Bryce & Blake

antelope

I bet you can't even tell we were just fighting before this picture! :)

Lucy has a look of being kidnapped here

Blake, Lucy, my parents and I all went to eat and Lucy ate everything! Beef brisket, rolls, baked potato, applesauce, EVERYTHING! I got the camera ready and was so excited to see her taste a dill pickle for the first time...but this was the reaction...stuffing it in as fast as she could. No wincing or sour-face - just "give me more"! I love my piggy!!

Lis and Luce - my mom got her cream, leather moccasins in Bryce and...well let's just say we'll try them again another time!

D playing for us on the porch. He learned Lucy's song "Here Comes the Sun" and played it for all of us on our last morning.

yes, he is scrumptious!

This was the bulk of the trip - trying to get these two cousins to pose and interact. Next year the two of them will be running around like wild hyenas and we won't be able to get any pictures!

4 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

Cute pictures! Lucy and Crosby seem to like each other. I'm sad I missed the trip- but maybe next year everyone will make it and we'll have a pool to hang out in.

Lacey said...

That sounds like a nice relaxing weekend. And I can't believe how big Lucy is getting!

Alisa said...

Our little ones need to make up for lost pool time... we'll be inviting you over for a swim date soon. That is if Lucy can handle our amateur pool.

Alisa said...

I just tagged you. No obligations. I think I'm swearing off tagging soon so don't worry.