Monday, June 30, 2008

Magnificent Minnow!


Last week was Lucy's last week of swimming lessons.  She did such a great job with this class and it was so fun for me to experience so many firsts for myself.  It's so funny how you can go from pretty much worrying about yourself to being a mommy and racing to get to a lesson on time, meeting new moms, teaching your child and watching her progress and then seeing her personality and confidence grow after just a month of a new class.  She really is growing up right before our eyes and as I've said before, it's bittersweet.  I'm so happy and proud of my daughter but at the same time she is truly into her toddler stage.  It takes a lot for her to sit still and let me cuddle her and she is just doing so many big girl things that I can't believe it was just a year ago she had been home for just a few weeks and was still on her oxygen.  

Blake took the day off to watch Lucy's last lesson - this is her favorite move - the back float with major kicks!

"humpty dumpty sat on a wall, humtpy dumpty had a great fall..." and then this little bug jumps to me in the water - so fun for us both!


This is our first week without lessons and we've both kind of been lost.  I put out the mini frog pool this morning and we've been working with flash cards before nap so I guess we'll have to look for new things to occupy our day.  Believe me, we're lucky for one nap a day and I really do have to have a schedule of events to keep this girl entertained! 

oh bug girl!


2 comments:

Lacey said...

Oh this one almost made me cry. As I said in my last comment Kylee just turn nine and I totally understand the bittersweetness of it all. Congrats on the swimming Lucy!

Annie said...

When Elliott is feeling better, we'll need to invite you guys out for a swim date. Elliott prefers to be wandering around on the outside of the pool, but maybe with such a good example, he'll be brave.