Thursday, June 12, 2008

We can still rock!


We can still rock and so can the grandparents! Last night we went to the Stone Temple Pilots concert at the E Center. It was SUCH a good show! Blake and I haven't been to a concert since before Lucy was born and I was a bit apprehensive to go to this show. I've loved STP since high school but I was worried about sitting by obnoxious, drunk people and also worried about Scott Weiland, the lead singer, not showing up. He's battled drug addiction and some of the reviews of shows on this tour were pretty negative. But everything was perfect! No drunks by me (actually no one behind me or to my right at all - the concert gods were smiling down on me!), every song I wanted to hear was played and Scott was in FINE form! We went to the concert with Brinton (my brother in law) and my parents. Blake and I saw STP about 10+ years ago with my parents and I'm glad that for being grandparents they can still rock out! Blake and I agree that concerts are a good activity to keep. So many of our friends have thrown in the concert towel but we've made a vow to try and see most every show we want to see. There's something so exciting when the lights go out right before a show and being able to let loose for a couple of hours - even though now that includes making babysitting arrangements (Lucy got to hang out with Nana Schreck) and in Blake's case having to miss work the next day to recover! We have a pretty good line up this summer and we're going to attempt to bring the Bug to a couple of shows - I hope she enjoys concerts as much as we do!

4 comments:

Wendie said...

Codi, Last night was a lot of fun. You're never too old for concerts, just a little more selective. You, Coleman and Caitlin were introduced to great music at a very young age and it's fun to see all of you continue that tradition and have such great taste in tunes. Can't wait to see Lucy at her first concert, she already has her shimmy down.

Never too young - Never too old

Love, Mom

Annie said...

Rock on!

I can't say that I'm a fan of STP, but I have been to one show since Elliott was born- Guster! The band is my president.

I turned down the opp. to go see Death Cab for my b-day present, but we are going to see the Police (rock on!) in July. I'm going with my sister and her husband, my dad and my brother.

I am so excited. Maybe that will be my next countdown clock on my blog.

Oh.....sting.

caitlin and brinton said...

I am very sad I was cooped up learning about fractions while you guys rocked out without me... Can't wait for the concerts this summer and I would be THRILLED if you guys make it to Tom... just do it!!!!!! You know for a fact you won't regret it, and Lucy loves grandma and grandpa's house. Don't you think it's weird we don't have another name for Grandma yet? Hmmm...
Glad you guys had fun, and that Brinton didn't bust any of his dork moves for you... just wait and see if you ever go to Pearl Jam with him... yama hammmmmma!

Alisa said...

I need to get STP more. I don't really know that band very well. Rock on!