Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tagged: High School

My sister (who was cool in school) tagged me for a high school tag. This could be fun for some but it my case, a tad sad. But I'll play along anyway...

High School: West High School

1. Did you date someone from your high school: for a minute in 10th grade and then I moved on to Blake and never looked back. 
2. What kind of car did you drive? : I didn't drive anything, I had to get rides from my friends.
3. What is your most embarrassing moment in high school?: I had to give an oral report in French and I wasn't ready so when Madame Hopper called my name I just sat there and said "no, actually I have nothing prepared, I can't do it." And she said "en francais, Codi!!" which means "say whatever lame excuse you have in FRENCH".  So I had to mumble around for about 8 minutes in faux French telling her I wasn't prepared.  My stomach hurts thinking about it.
4. Were you a party animal?: No
5. Were you considered a flirt?: No, not really
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?: None of them
7. Were you a nerd? : Well, even though I mainly stuck to my small core group of friends and wasn't involved in a lot of teams/clubs I still don't think I was a nerd.  Really, I wasn't.
8. Were you on any varsity teams? No teams.  I was on yearbook and in the literary club - maybe I really was a nerd...
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? : No
10. Can you still sing the fight song? : Not the fight song but I still remember the school song which is long and melodramatic - and it has these weird body/sign language movements along with it.  Quite bizarre.
11. Who were your favorite teachers? : Mr. Taylor (sociology) he was SO nice and everything was interesting.  I also loved Mrs. Zuhl, my AP English teacher.
12. Where did you sit during lunch?: During nice weather out on the south lawn and I have a lot of memories of some of us hanging out in the basement halls - creepy.  Oh, and sometimes driving around (obviously not in my car).
13. School Mascot?: Panther
14. Did you go to homecoming and with who?: I went to Blake's homecoming with Blake at Cyprus
15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? : No thanks, it was fun and I really do have good memories and such funny moments but I'm so happy to be past that stage.
16. What do you remember most about graduation?: That it was like 9 hours long and I was sad because when they called your name they would call a guy and a girl at the same time to walk down the aisle together.  Since my last name was at the end of the alphabet and no boys were left I had to walk down the aisle with this giant samoan girl who was wearing like 80 lei's.
17. Where did you go senior skip day?: I think I was home
18. Have you gained weight since then?: Uh, yeah
19. Who was your prom date?: Blake, surprise, surprise.  Oh and he wore white shoes with this awful zoot suit type thing.  
20. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion?: Well, sadly it passed two years ago.  I missed it and didn't regret it after I heard a pretty lame recap.
21. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself?: Maybe meet more people and even though I love the outcome maybe I could have gone to some dances, dates with people from my actual school!

Okay, so I tag: Annie (this is your dream come true!), Lacey, and Kennan!  

2 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

Holy laugh attack!
Ummm... sorry sistah, but you had to of a been a dork- I mean c'mon... AP?! Just kidding, I have heard how all the boys loved you. Blake just got lucky.
Best part of this post: graduation memories... oh so sad! HAHAHAHAHAHA, but too hilarious for words.

Alisa said...

Ugh, horrid French experience. Getting put on the spot is a lovely thing. Especially in language classes! Where is the proof of this zoot suit? You can't tell me you don't have a picture. I have got to see this!