Monday, September 1, 2008

17 months!

Lucy enjoying the sights and sounds of Swiss Days in Midway


showing off her baby bling!

This girl needs her own ipod with ear buds to listen to Jonas Brothers privately!! 


Happy 17 months baby girl!  This is a few days late but we've had a busy but fun long weekend.  Our little bug has been running everyone ragged lately.  She is a girl on the MOVE!  She is crawling around like a speed demon and when she really wants to move she puts her weight on her head and walks with her legs speeding like a spider.  It's so cute and I really have to post some video of these tricks.  Lucy is adding more and more words to her vocabulary.  Some of our favorite expressions to hear her use are, "oh no", "uh oh", "ay, yi, yi" and the new one we're working on "yama hama".  Lucy's skills are also with the phone now which shows I can't let her play with them for entertainment anymore.  Last week my brother in law Brinton called around nine in the morning.  I was happy to hear from him but surprised as to why he was calling from work.  "Did you just call me?" he asked.  "Uh, no, but I think Lucy did!".  I caught her with my cell phone and apparently she hit redial multiple times calling Brinton.  Another trick she learned (but more likely by accident) she downloaded a song on my cell phone.  Last week I arrived at work and it was still kind of early and very quiet in the office.  I put my purse on my desk and this horrendously loud pop-y song started playing.  I knew it wasn't a ring tone when the ENTIRE song played but it was still coming from my phone.  Apparently there is a music download feature (I've never used it) and the bug must have hit just the right buttons to download the song and video of the Jonas Brothers "Be Good".  I now know the name because EVERY TIME the front player buttons of my phone are pressed this song starts.  

Lucy is doing so many fun things and she makes our lives, days, minutes so happy.  She loves to be out in a crowd.  She loves to wave to people and is so happy when they wave back.  We've been stopped so often lately by people just drawn to this pretty, happy girl.  She loves the attention and likes to put on a show with her charm and sparkly eyes.  I love you little princess.  You make mommy and daddy so happy and proud.  I can't believe you will be 1 1/2 next month - such a big girl, but you'll always be my sweet baby bug!! 

Too many pictures!  I know I get carried away but I decided it was best to end the photo shoot when I got this look!  She looks like such a big girl in the picture - and I think she means business!

8 comments:

Lacey said...

Wow! She is getting so big and all grown up! Happy 17 months!

Jackie Sanders said...

Swiss Days!!! We were up there too, and they did have some REALLY cute baby bling!!!

Alisa said...

Lucy, you look SO dang cute in your argyle. Happy 17-month birthday on the 30th! We love you. We want to see you do your spider move.

Codi- keep the pictures coming, don't stop!

Love,

Lis, D, and Crosby

Kim said...

Codi and Blake - You have your work cut out for you! Lucy is so smart and so darling just think of the adventures that lie ahead!!
Love to all - Kim

Lacey said...

I don't know if you will see my response to your comment on my blog or not. but here is what I wrote.
No he doesn't ever look at the blog. Thas why I knew I could get away with it. Oh no, I love you leaving comments. I seen that CA took off all of her links. So I thought that you guys didn't want them on, because of what happened whith CA. If you don't mind them on there I would love to put them back on.

caitlin and brinton said...

Goose- You are SO cute... and it's funny because I wanted your sweater in a grown-up size! Your smile is beautiful and I can't wait to see it again soon. Miss you this weekend! Love u little one.
P.S. Happy 17th month of your exciting life. You're growing up too fast!

mccall said...

Ok it really has been WAY too long since I've visited your blog. Lucy is getting so big! Oh my gosh, she's SO cute!

trevan said...

excuse me misha lulu! i'm totally and completely jealous. i wish i could afford both lulu's (misha & baby)...sigh. when are we getting together? i love that i think we are best friends...